In this age of deficit – of meaning, of health, of goods – in the era where satisfaction is the ultimate proclaimed value and where meaningful satisfaction is replaced by short-term stimulation of senses, to identify young leaders and to educate and retain them becomes crucial for the survival of companies that cannot equally compete for such talent.
The survival of small and medium-sized companies is not the goal of a post globalized society. Its monopolistic sharks are poised to consume everything and leave only the rare folklore examples of work and education construed through the return-to-nature and new age values.
Faced with the global deficit of qualified professionals, where the focus is on quantity rather than quality, the recognition of young leaders is crucial for the survival of any company.
Identifying young leaders is carried out by HR whose role is to inform the CEO whether the characteristics and the trajectory of a particular candidate coincide with those of the company.
The parameters for identifying young leaders:
- To what extent can they adequately receive and process information?
Indicators for this are:
- If they bring peace to the environment.
- When a delay occurs in the work process, they recognize which connections are disconnected, and which incorrectly connected.
- These are the types of people that others like to be friends with.
- They have the power to endure to the very end.
- They have self-discipline.
- Do they want to lead?
- If they have a vision of ascendance which is true, it will elevate the employees to a higher level of organization, focus and understanding.
- It is important how the future leaders react when they come into conflict with people above them who have power.
- The correct response for the future leader is to listen and then respond creatively in terms of resolving the situation. In other words, they know how to listen and how to turn their idea into action without hurting others.
- Do the chosen future leaders have the stomach for it?
- The quality of their conviction determines how long they can persevere without losing sight of their guiding idea, its trajectory and its meaning.
- Will they be able to withstand the suffering of others?
- The proper empathy enables them to help others. This is where their protective role comes to the forefront.
- Will they be able to control fears of what might happen to them as leaders?
These types of people need to be educated and supported in order to deepen the skills they have and acquire new ones. This will increase their tolerance when it comes to unpredictable situations that put their knowledge to the test, enabling them to act with confidence by relying on their experiential depots.
- Can they articulate their vision?
Training them to make themselves easily understood by others, enabling others to accept and implement their ideas. Their employees can accept those ideas as valuable only if they are beneficial for everyone.
- Do they want to expand the company or set up deeper roots for the company they work for?
The first is a matter of creativity â€“ to achieve results with limited resources. As for the second, the company gains stability when fundamental human values are introduced. The indicator for this is the creation of discipline and self-discipline, which forms a steady focus that prevents manipulation and increases tolerance to disruptive factors which are then perceived as obstacles that can be overcome.
Questions that young leaders should ask themselves:
- Will I be able to be humble before my colleagues and superiors and show my gratitude, or will my pride swallow me?
The believing discourse determines whether they worked for the good of others, or for personal gain. The quality of the believing discourse determines the consequences they will suffer as a result of situations when someone intends to harm them.Â
- Will this make me a better person?
The answer is yes, if the discipline of work has become the discipline of faith. This means that the execution of tasks is not a mere execution of tasks, but rather a material realization of the believing discourse that permeates them.